Are you running an online business or just advertising services online? For both cases, you need a website! Protecting your website’s data and confidential information from potential threats is necessary. Making precautionary actions for safeguarding a site can save both time and money. Hence, one must need safeguarding measures to protect the website from any cyber threats.
This blog includes all the necessary information regarding requirements for website security.
Use a Secure Web Hosting Provider
Use secured web hosting software like SiteGround, WordPress, or Hostinger for your website. It must have the following features:
- Software Security: A firewall is the most vital security element preventing uncertified website access and other ill-natured attacks. It is also used for malware scanning and eliminating other spiteful code that may harm the website. Also, ensure the hosting account is protected from online attacks using anti-DDoS traffic analyzer and anti-malware programs.
- Security Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate: The security sockets layer, or SSL, is a protocol that encodes data sent between a web server and a user’s browser. It ensures that one’s confidential information, including usernames, passwords, or payment details, cannot be accessed by unauthorized parties. With SSL, you can also use HTTPS to improve the SEO and functionality of the website.
- Backing Up and Restoring: Some possible threats that affect a website’s availability include cyber-attacks, hardware faults, human mistakes, etc. However, the website data can be saved by adding reliable backups and restoration services.
- Protection with DDoS: Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks makes a website inaccessible to authorized users by flooding it with traffic from numerous sources. This may lead to an expensive work pause and harm the brand’s reputation. By selecting a reliable web host with solid DDoS protection, the websites can block these attacks and ensure their website remains attainable and stable.
- Network Monitoring: This protection service includes:
- Routinely examining the website’s network and web server framework for strange activity, such as attempted unauthorized access.
- Abnormal traffic outlines.
- Having a chance to harm the website seriously.
- Leaking private information.
- Support via CDN: A content delivery network (CDN) supplies web page content on servers worldwide. Instead of the prime server, the CDN receives material from a server spot nearest to visitors when they access the website. Thus, with the help of CDN, it lessens the time to load and enhances web page performance. Several CDNs also offer DDoS protection to protect web pages from spiteful traffic.
Install a Security Plugin
Businesses running on WordPress should have secure plugins to protect their site. We can call plugins the foundation of the WordPress site. These plugins are crucial for including contact forms, enhancing SEO, boosting the web page’s speed, building an online store, or offering secured email opt-ins. With the help of the plugin, the website may achieve anything the user wants it to do. The following important attributes should be present in a plugin.
- Constant site monitoring, which includes routine virus and file scanning.
- Firewall security.
- Examining boycott list to guard against risky websites.
- Authentication process for users with various roles.
- Password security protocols that disallow poor passwords.
- Instant email alerts for suspected activities.
- Backups of the website and its files to guard against attacks, interruptions, and other occurrences.
Some popular website security plugins are Sucuri Security, WordFence, Block Bad Queries (BBQ), and WordPress File Monitor Plus. Lastly, keep looking for any updates or extensions for plugins to avoid attacks from hackers is essential.
Keep your Website’s Software Up-to-date
Apart from plugin updates, the website’s software or applications should also be up to date; otherwise, the site may not be safe. Updates frequently include security improvements and vulnerability fixes.
If one waits too long to update software, this may cause security concerns for the website. Due to external variables like customer conduct and third-party integrations, no hosting platform can provide security that is 100% safe. Software upgrades, firewalls, and backups may reduce risks and improve the safety of websites. Hence, website owners must implement safe security steps and updates to improve security further.
Sparkle Tower: Website Design and Development
UAE-based Sparkle Tower wanted a polished, opulent website with animations. We blended aquatic color ideas into its color scheme to give the website a cool and collected appearance. With the assistance of Envato and Larva, we planned the website theme. To facilitate the reader to grasp the brand’s message, we added the video banner to increase their curiosity. Lastly, we also adhered to the greatest security procedures for providing them with secured web hosting services. This includes frequently modernizing software, screening for viruses, uninstalling idle elements, and backing up website data.
- Website Rebranding: As GCM was taking steps to remarket itself, they came to us to rebrand their website. As per the instructions, our company designed a new full webpage to add the client’s values, modulation, and motto. We added components such as the color scheme, trademark, typography, and iconography using the new brand standards. We added maintainable earthy color themes like green, yellow, and blue to the new webpage. To compete in the market, we made the backend SEO friendly. We also provided them with web hosting security formalities like software security, SSL certificates, backups, and DDoS protection.
Work with Vowels
Vowels provide secured and custom web pages for businesses, startups, and entrepreneurs around the Middle East. One’s website should perfectly reflect the company’s objectives and mission. Thus, vowels use state-of-the-art web designing and secured web hosting services to create an effective and engaging website for our clients.
What is a VPS server?
A virtual private server (VPS) is one of the safest virtual machines to rent a virtual space for web hosting that offers more control than a normal shared server. If one VPS gets compromised, it may not affect other VPS users on the same substantial server.
What to look for in the safest Web Hosting Provider?
Look for a powerful firewall, regular security improvements, 24/7 assistance, SSL certificates, and DDoS protection while looking for an ideal web hosting provider. These are just a few of the security features that secure web servers.
What security threats does a web hosting service face most frequently?
The most common website hosting security threats includes malware, XSS, SQL injection, and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS).